The GTA 6 release date has been reconfirmed by Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick. The top boss of Rockstar Games’ parent company also slipped up by mentioning the game’s original release target that was not previously known and was the aim before the two public delays.
In a new interview with David Senra, Zelnick has once again made it clear that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming out on Thursday November 19th 2026. He was asked about how the game’s timeline is slipping but he really made it clear the game’s target is still November 19th. Earlier last year, Zelnick avoided using the Fall 2025 timeframe for a period just before a delay to May 26th was announced.
The CEO followed this up by stating the game has been pushed back twice. As we know, it was publically delayed from 2025 with trailer 1 and from May 26th 2026 after trailer 2. Curiously, Strauss says after this “I think we’re about 18 months behind the original date.”

This means GTA VI did have an internal target of Spring 2025. Even though it was never publicly shared, it was shifted to Fall 2025 at some point. This means the game has been delayed at least 3 times; not including how the game was rebooted many years ago. The game did not really get underway until 2020 per Strauss himself.
In other GTA 6 news, the recent pre-order rumour has been debunked. Despite causing a near $2 billion increase in market cap, the wait continues for GTA VI news and pre-orders. That said, Take-Two Interactive will report new financial data later this week. Plus, Zelnick has said he’s seen GTA 6 demoed.
For more news on GTA VI, stay tuned to RockstarINTEL and sign up to our newsletter for a weekly round-up of all things Rockstar Games.
Subscribe to our newsletter!


