Red Dead Redemption 2 achieves single biggest opening weekend in entertainment history
Through BusinessWire, Rockstar Games has announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 had the single biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment.
What a huge success. Red Dead Redemption 2 has also grossed $725 Million within its first three days of being on the shelves.
A massive congratulations to the Rockstar Games and Take-Two Teams. The gross amount is lower than Rockstar’s previous title, Grand Theft Auto V, which grossed $1 Billion in the first 3 days of launch. Red Dead isn’t as big as the Grand Theft Auto franchise so this isn’t a surprise to anyone. What is a surprise, however, is earning the game earning $725 million in just three days.
This makes Red Dead Redemption 2 the second highest grossing entertainment launch with Grand Theft Auto V holding the number 1 spot. It takes first place, however, for largest opening weekend in entertainment history. Grand Theft Auto 5 released on a Tuesday.
Red Dead Redemption has also achieved the most pre-orders in PlayStation Network history, biggest day one full game sales ever on PlayStation Network and the biggest first three days full game sales ever on PlayStation Network.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is an incredible game. If you haven’t purchased it yet and want to read our review, you can find it here.
- GTA Online: The Benefactor Schlagen GT is now available
- GTA Online: The Declasse Tulip is now available
- Rockstar Games Is In a Legal Battle with Real-Life Pinkertons Over Red Dead Redemption 2
- Multiple Rockstar Games titles place in the PS store top downloaded games of 2018
- Red Dead Online – New Gun Rush mode available now, more to come soon