Following the tease from Rockstar Games on 5th February for all-new employment opportunities in Red Dead Online. Today’s event week Rockstar adds new Telegram Jobs for solo players that lets players complete a series of three new missions ran by a new contact known as Joseph or “J”.
The telegram missions are called A New Source of Employment and it does play quite a similar role to how the stranger missions play out but it features more robust action-packed missions and it’s designed to deliver a solo mission experience.
So, how do I access the missions?
To access the new solo employment jobs from Joseph, you will need to collect a new letter “A New Source of Employment” from your Camp Lockbox or any Post Office around the map. This letter will automatically save in the satchel for you to launch any of the missions.
Starting any of the the missions is super easy, the letter in the satchel will be your new portal to launch asssigned jobs. These missions can only be completed by yourself as its specially designed to be played solo. Currently it features just three assigned missions but it will be expanded upon later on.
All missions does feature a cooldown timer of 25 minutes after completing each assigned mission so unfortunately you won’t be able to keep replaying consistently but it’s perhaps something Rockstar can change later down the line.
What are the missions?
- A One Horse Deal – It’s apparent the Braithwaites are working out a deal with a seller for an untamed white Arabian racehorse. You’re assigned to interrupt the deal and steal the horse to the contact.
- Rich Pickings – The mayor of Saint Denis has a stash of jewellery scattered around his tigitly guided mansion. Joseph asks you to steal the jewellery from inside the mansion and have it delivered to the contact.
- Outrider – A wagon from Brittlebrush Twawl has some cargo to deliver to selected parts of New Austin. Joseph assigns you to escort the wagon to deliver the cargo safely to the contact.
Each of every mission has three difficulty levels so it becomes a lot more difficult and challenging with every replay. The hardest difficulty will enable free aiming to make missions a more difficult approach to shooting enemies without the aim lock enabled.
The payout will vary on how long you spend on the missions so take plenty of time before completing it. In most cases some of the missions will pay out the maximum of 0.36 gold nuggets of perhaps even more on the hardest difficulty.
What about new missions in the future?
Rockstar has stated in the announcement newswire post from today there will be new telegram missions in the future but it’s yet to be seen whether new missions will be released on a weekly basis as per part of a weekly dripfeed until the next DLC update launches.
But it’s apparent Joeseph, the contact for the employment opportunity missions has over 300 lines ready to be used for future missions in a datamining discovery by RockstarGuides on Twitter.
Play this week for new rewards
From this week only (16 February – 23 February) anyone that plays the new missions assigned by Joespeh will receive 5,000 Club XP, RDO$100, and a Treasure Map. These rewards will be available to collect after 24 hours of completing the mission in the Benefits section.
Plus special bonuses for each mission
- Complete A One Horse Deal to get an Offer for 30% off an Arabian Horse and 2 Special Horse Revivers
- Complete Rich Pickings to get 3 Lost Jewelry and 3 Family Heirloom Collectibles
- Complete Outrider to get 20 Small Game Arrows and 100 Express Revolver Cartridges