Rockstar Games have announced plenty of new changes coming in GTA Online’s next update titled San Andreas Mercenaries. They also shared with us new screenshots of the content included in this update.
The latest newswire post from Rockstar shares a list of quality of life improvements that comes in the GTA Online: San Andreas Mercenaries update. Releasing on June 13th, this new content update features new missions, vehicles, weapons and more but it also has some great gameplay tweaks.
Vehicles systems are better
In terms of vehicle updates, this is what Rockstar is bringing to GTAO:
- The ability to claim all destroyed vehicles at once when filing a Mors Mutual Insurance claim.
- Mors Mutual will no longer charge for recovering Personal Vehicles destroyed during contact missions.
- Custom description tags for garages to help quickly locate your favorite rides when calling the Mechanic.
- The ability to select from individual floors when requesting vehicles from the Eclipse Blvd Garage.
- Pressing D-Pad Right will engage Stealth Mode on the new F-160 Raiju Plane. Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) will move to L3/LS. Holding L3/LS when flying all VTOL aircraft will switch it into and out of VTOL mode.
- The option to re-request an active Mobile Operations Center, Avenger, or Terrorbyte delivered closer to your location via the Interaction Menu.
- Additional filters for Race types when browsing the Jobs Menu.
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will be eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries.
- Lesser-used vehicles will be removed from in-game websites to streamline the browsing experience. These vehicles will be made available via events showrooms, The Lucky Wheel, and other places.
Gameplay is key
Onto gameplay updates and we’ve got a great selection:
- A new Register as a Boss option will be added in the Interaction Menu to make it quicker and easier to start an Organization or Motorcycle Club.
- A Buy All option when purchasing Body Armor at Ammu-Nation. Rank requirements for Body Armor are also being removed.
- Body Armor will be restocked after Quick Restarting a mission, matching the same Body Armor levels as when first entering the lobby.
- When equipping Body Armor via the Weapon Wheel, the type of Armor used will be relative to how much damage the player has taken.
- When parachuting or in freefall, players will no longer receive phone calls from Tom Connors or English Dave.
- Madrazo Dispatch Services no longer requires multiple players and can be taken on solo.
- Alternative sprint control (hold to sprint) in the Settings Menu.
- Players will be able to select a name for their Acid product (via the Interaction Menu) to receive a 5% sell bonus.
- Rank requirements for Daily Objectives will be removed to allow more players to participate.
Rockstar have also made some adjustments to the balance of the game:
- Payouts on many Collectibles and Events — such as Buried Stashes and Treasure Chests — will be increased. We are also correcting payouts for Gerald’s Last Play and A Superyacht Life upwards by 25%.
- Rebalancing weapons on the P-996 Lazer and Mammoth Hydra (Freemode only).
- The Orbital Cannon can no longer be instantly reset or refunded to prevent players from being repeatedly targeted.
Career Progress is a new feature on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles from the GTA Online Main Menu. This allows you to see all of your in-game accomplishments.
Create your own
GTA Online’s creator mode is expanding where the only limit is your imagination. Here are just some of the new creator mode changes:
- Dozens of new props are available in all Creators, including giant License Plate Walls, eCola cans, destructible fences, underwater mines, and more.
- A Snow weather option for Deathmatches, Races, and Survivals. Plus, Halloween themed additions arriving later this year.
- Option to toggle musical score on and off.
- Option to distinguish teams by assigning Outfits.
- Deathmatches will now have options for Dynamic Teams — players can change teams when respawning and Health Drain — where players lose health over time. Plus, new radar blip options, the ability to lock time of day and weather options in the lobby, options to choose respawn time for item and weapon pickups, and much more.
- Increased number of enemy spawn points in Survivals.
- Fixture Removal will be available in the King of the Hill Creator.
- The prop limit on PC will be increased to 300.
To end this blog post, Rockstar state detailed patch notes will go live alongside the update itself.
GTA Online San Andreas Mercenaries will release on June 13th across all current GTA Online platforms. These are the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
For other info on this update, check out the announcement article.