The United Kingdom’s Entertainment Retailers Association has released its 2020 sales charts, which show Grand Theft Auto V is still in high demand with no signs of stopping anytime soon. If you were hoping for Grand Theft Auto VI, this probably illustrates how you will have to wait a while longer.
According to the association, Grand Theft Auto V was the UK’s third best selling game of 2020, being surpassed only by first place FIFA 21 and second place Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. GTA 5 sold a remarkable 1,127,222 copies, under 300 thousand copies short of second place.
In a year that saw the UK gaming industry exceed £4Billion in revenue, GTA V sold more than multiple 2020 new releases, including games such as The Last Of Us Part II and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Check out the top 10 best selling games of 2020 below:
- Fifa 21 – 2,182,694 copies sold
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – 1,420,353 copies sold
- Grand Theft Auto V – 1,127,222 copies sold
- Fifa 20 – 903,810 copies sold
- Call Of Duty: Modern warfare – 897,350 copies sold
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons* – 810,462 copies sold
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – 665,815 copies sold
- The Last Of Us Part II – 539,247 copies sold
- NBA 2K20 – 481,507 copies sold
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege – 436,957 copies sold