Rockstar Games have confirmed to PCGamer that an update will be coming to fix GTA Online terrible loading times by 70% after a GTA Online fan found a way to fix it.
Two weeks ago, a GTA Online player who goes by the name of T0st, found a way to reduce GTA Online loading times and making it load 70% faster, something players have been wanting to be improved for almost 8 years. T0st uploaded the fix to Github and many of us were expecting him to get a Takedown notice by Take-Two Interactive.
Instead, Rockstar Games have confirmed to PCGamer that they have been in touch with the player since he revealed the fix and thanked him for his efforts, Rockstar also confirmed to PCGamer that there will be an update in the future to fix the loading times.
“After a thorough investigation, we can confirm that player t0st did, in fact, reveal an aspect of the game code related to load times for the PC version of GTA Online that could be improved,” the company said in a statement. “As a result of these investigations, we have made some changes that will be implemented in a forthcoming title update.” (Source PCGamer)
It’s surprising to see Rockstar have done this as usually, Take-Two normally sends a Takedown notice to the fans. There is no estimated time to when Rockstar will release the update
T0st confirms Rockstar Paid Him
T0st, the player who found the fix, confirmed on a post this evening that Rockstar Games rewarded him for finding the fix. He confirmed he got $10,000 off Rockstar Games through the Bounty Programme, which is usually only for security reasons but Rockstar have made an exception this time.
- Got confirmation from R* that this is getting a fix soon
- Just got awarded $10k through their H1 in-game bounty as an exception :)) (usually only for security issues)
- Trying to figure out what’s a W8 and how to fill it (lol)
- I did try asking for more technical details but they couldn’t say anything
- Will do another benchmark on my same old setup as soon as the update is out, I’m sure their engineers won’t disappoint 🙂
- (Link to post)