Rockstar Games Is In a Legal Battle with Real-Life Pinkertons Over Red Dead Redemption 2
Rockstar Games, the creators of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption are currently in a legal battle with Pinkerton Consulting & Investigations, according to a report based on court documents apparently obtained by outlet The Blast.
The report claims that the Pinkertons “sent a cease and desist letter on December 13, 2018, to Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive.” They claim that Rockstar Games used the company trademarks, including the Pinkerton badge, without prior authorization or consent, and that the portrayal of their detectives makes them appear as “villains, hunting the game’s protagonists.”
Instead of settling the complaint with a settlement figure or payment, Rockstar Games instead reportedly stood up for themselves and are countersuing the Pinkerton agency in federal court, “seeking an injunction against Pinkerton and ruling that their use of the Pinkertons in the game is covered by the First Amendment.”
You can read more about the lawsuit in The Blast’s original report.
Comments are closed.
- Rockstar Games Officially Announces GTA Online Casino Update With New Logo
- GTA Online Event Week: 2X rewards on Premium deluxe repo work
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Soundtrack Releases July 12th
- Red Dead Online -Sport Of Kings showdown mode now available
- Take-Two Interactive CEO Tells Investors There Is “No Downside” To Releasing Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC