Rockstar Games Acquires “PAYDAY 2” Alumni Dhruva Interactive
Rockstar Games has purchased and acquired Dhurva Interactive, an Indian art production studio which has credited work on “Sea of Thieves”, “Halo 5”, “Forza Horizon 3” and “PAYDAY 2”, the developer announced today. The studio was previously owned by the latter’s publisher, part-developer and creator Starbreeze Studios.
In a sale worth $7.9 million USD, the firm is expected to work alongside Rockstar India on the company’s current projects and anything it was previously working on before acquisition.
“Rockstar Games are the undisputed leaders of innovation and creativity in modern game development,” said Rajesh Rao, Dhruva’s CEO, and founder. “Dhruva Interactive was founded with the aim of creating a world-class game development community in India, and so bringing the Dhruva team under the Rockstar Games label is further proof that we have succeeded in creating a talented team that can contribute to the best games in the world while helping to create a thriving local game developer community in India.”
The sale is expected to finalize by the middle of 2019.
- GTA Online Event – Import/Export Week
- Red Dead Online Leaves Beta and Adds a Huge Spring Update
- Take-Two Q4 2019 Earnings Report – Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 24 Million copies worldwide
- Rockstar Games Acquires “PAYDAY 2” Alumni Dhruva Interactive
- GTA Online event week: New Simeon Premium Deluxe Repo work