New Midnight Club cheat codes have been discovered 15 years after a specific series entry launched. Released in 2008, Midnight Club: Los Angeles came out on Xbox 360 and PS3 but as a watered down version on PSP. This title was called Midnight Club: L.A. Remix.
The newly found cheat codes allow players to equip new biker helmets, increase effects of abilities and more. We’ll be taking a look at what they are and how this all came about.
The difference in games and their cheat codes
Midnight Club: L.A. Remix was an off-shoot developed by Rockstar London. The game’s map was largely reduced in scale. However, it did contain a Tokyo map taken from Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition. This was just one of many differences between the home console and handheld versions.
L.A. Remix’s bigger brother, Midnight Club: Los Angeles, had cheats but required you to collect hidden barrels found across the city. Finding barrels of completing career mode granted you cheats whereas in the scaled down PSP game, an actual cheat code menu exists.
How the new cheats were found
A modder known as Silent posted on their blog saying they had recently found out Midnight Club: L.A. Remix had a cheat code menu. Hearing the stories of older Gran Turismo games having cheat codes recently discovered, this spurred on Silent to look for new codes in MCLA Remix.
From looking at the code of the game, 11 cheat codes were found along with an additional 12 prototypes. The main 11 can be entered on the PSP game that you own. They range from new biker heads to ability tweaks.
List of Midnight Club: L.A. Remix cheat codes
We’ve got all 23 cheat codes listed below along with descriptions of what they do.
Below are all of the 11 cheat codes you an enter into Midnight Club: L.A. Remix on PSP.
- Unlock all Arcade Mode content: confidential
- Stronger special ability effects: mmmungo
- Agro ability on all eligible vehicles: ragevirus
- Zone ability on all eligible vehicles: stayontarget
- Roar ability on all eligible vehicles: sushi
- Indestructibility: granite
- Orb biker heads: skidlida
- Pumpkin biker heads: skidlidb
- Bunny biker heads: skidlidc
- Snowman biker heads: skidlidd
- Skull biker heads: skidlide
According to Silent, the five helmets were taken from Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition.
The extra 12 codes were for earlier builds of the game. To use the codes on the final version of the game you need to enter more cheats via emulating your game or with the CWCheat plugin. You can get the full list of the cheats needed to access the extra cheats from Silent’s blog.
- Unlock everything: all
- Get $4.200.000: cash
- Unlock all cities: cities
- Unlock all car parts: parts
- Unlock all vehicles: cars
- Unlock everything and get $4.200.000: allcash
- Zone ability on all vehicles: zone
- Agro ability on all vehicles: agro
- Roar ability on all vehicles: roar
- Reset the ability cheats: normal
- Display the camera coordinates on the screen: cam
- [no effect]: fps
For even more information, do check out Silent’s blog. It was an interesting read and fantastic fans are still finding out new details about a game well over a decade after release.