Rockstar Games have officially announced GTA Online Los Santos Drug Wars, the next GTA Online DLC along with its release date. This was also accompanied with a fantastic piece of key art for the update as shown above.
Los Santos Drug Wars update release date
This new major content update is a two-parter and the first section of the story will drop on Tuesday 13th December according to their latest newswire post. Coming to all platforms currently supported by new GTA Online updates, you’ll be hitting up Blaine County for this new chapter in the story of GTA Online. This means all players on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC will get this update.
Rockstar’s description of the new story content is as follow:
“Head straight to Blaine County and join up with old pal Nervous Ron and a new band of out-of-state misfits on a mission to put their stamp on the Los Santos psychedelics trade. Fight off an unlikely coalition of wealthy hippies and trigger-happy bikers while cooking up potent hallucinogenics — in elaborate labs or out of your own massive rolling chemistry set — in the opening chapter of an expansive new two-part story update for GTA Online.
Caution: Los Santos Drug Wars contains a range of wild side effects, including a new business enterprise to operate, new vehicles and missions, and experiential upgrades. And this is just the first dose — be prepared for lots more exciting events, including some jolly holiday hijinks, significant story and gameplay updates, and much more to come.”
What is that “much more to come”? We shall hopefully find out soon…
Improvements to gameplay alongside new content
This information on the new content comes just days after Rockstar reiterated their commitment to listening to player feedback and and how this December update will add a wide range of new improvements to Freemode and beyond. Below are some highlights of the changes made to GTA Online in the December update.
General Improvements Highlights
- Get to your favorite iFruit Contacts faster — select which Contacts to display or hide via the Interaction Menu.
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will add ray-traced reflections — rendering real-time reflections on many surfaces — via the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
Vehicle Updates Highlights
- New vehicle purchases will arrive in your Garage faster than before.
- Select Custom Weaponized Vehicles can now be used in Races, where appropriate — weapons will be disabled outside of GTA Races.
- Players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enjoy full access to Hao’s Special Works without needing to complete Hao’s introductory race.
Economy Updates Highlights
- Completing Vehicle Cargo Sell Missions in Public Sessions will award a High Demand Bonus, bringing this in line with all other business activities, while payouts on Smuggler’s Sell Missions will be permanently tripled.
Which improvments are you most looking forward to in GTA Online’s new update? Let us know down in the comments and stay tuned for future news with RockstarINTEL.