GTA V is now the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time
Grand Theft Auto V has brought in over $6 billion since its launch in September 2013. According to MarketWatch, that leaves it as the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. Selling better than any album, book, movie, or video game, GTA V is now the biggest entertainment product ever.
Selling 90 million units, and getting over $6 billion in sales excluding microtransactions leaves GTA V beating the likes of Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, and more. “Even taking into account DVD and streaming sales would not put the biggest movie blockbusters in GTA V’s neighborhood, said Cowen analyst Doug Creutz, estimating those sales might add up to $1 billion to the films’ totals.”
What do you think? Tell us below!
- Red Dead Online Will Be Getting “Anti-Griefing Measures” Soon
- Red Dead Online’s Gold Bars Are Now Purchasable with Real World Currency
- GTA Online: Arena War update now available
- Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aimé Wants Red Dead Redemption 2 on Nintendo Switch
- Grand Theft Auto Online’s December Update Announced