GTA V is now the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time
Grand Theft Auto V has brought in over $6 billion since its launch in September 2013. According to MarketWatch, that leaves it as the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. Selling better than any album, book, movie, or video game, GTA V is now the biggest entertainment product ever.
Selling 90 million units, and getting over $6 billion in sales excluding microtransactions leaves GTA V beating the likes of Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, and more. “Even taking into account DVD and streaming sales would not put the biggest movie blockbusters in GTA V’s neighborhood, said Cowen analyst Doug Creutz, estimating those sales might add up to $1 billion to the films’ totals.”
What do you think? Tell us below!
- GTA Online Event – Import/Export Week
- Red Dead Online Leaves Beta and Adds a Huge Spring Update
- Take-Two Q4 2019 Earnings Report – Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 24 Million copies worldwide
- Rockstar Games Acquires “PAYDAY 2” Alumni Dhruva Interactive
- GTA Online event week: New Simeon Premium Deluxe Repo work