GTA V is now the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time
Grand Theft Auto V has brought in over $6 billion since its launch in September 2013. According to MarketWatch, that leaves it as the most profitable commercial entertainment product of all time. Selling better than any album, book, movie, or video game, GTA V is now the biggest entertainment product ever.
Selling 90 million units, and getting over $6 billion in sales excluding microtransactions leaves GTA V beating the likes of Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, and more. “Even taking into account DVD and streaming sales would not put the biggest movie blockbusters in GTA V’s neighborhood, said Cowen analyst Doug Creutz, estimating those sales might add up to $1 billion to the films’ totals.”
What do you think? Tell us below!
- GTA Online: The Declasse Tulip is now available
- Rockstar Games Is In a Legal Battle with Real-Life Pinkertons Over Red Dead Redemption 2
- Multiple Rockstar Games titles place in the PS store top downloaded games of 2018
- Red Dead Online – New Gun Rush mode available now, more to come soon
- What Can Rockstar Games Do Differently?