Rumor: Sony In Talks to Acquire Rockstar Games Parent Take-Two Interactive
UPDATE: GamesIndustry.biz has looked into the source of the rumor and has confirmed that there is a high likelihood that these are unsubstantiated claims with no direct source.
Today, Marketwatch revealed that Take-Two Interactive’s stock has climbed 4.7% after rumors that Sony Interactive is in board-level discussions to acquire the company in a “mostly cash deal”.
Nothing more has been said and this is nothing but a rumor at the moment that has piqued investor’s interest. For people who don’t know, Take-Two Interactive is the company that owns Rockstar Games and 2K Games and own the Red Dead, Grand Theft Auto IP’s.
We’ll keep you updated on this rumor when/if we get more information.
- GTA Online Event – Import/Export Week
- Red Dead Online Leaves Beta and Adds a Huge Spring Update
- Take-Two Q4 2019 Earnings Report – Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 24 Million copies worldwide
- Rockstar Games Acquires “PAYDAY 2” Alumni Dhruva Interactive
- GTA Online event week: New Simeon Premium Deluxe Repo work