PlayStation: Grand Theft Auto V Was The #1 Selling Game in August
Everyone knows Grand Theft Auto V is a game that is still selling well, years after release. With almost 100 Million copies worldwide and is the 3rd best selling game ever. Posted on the PlayStation Blog, PlayStation EU revealed that Grand Theft Auto V was the best selling game on the PlayStation store in August 2018.
After Hours released towards the end of July which has helped sell the game massively, so this will be one of the reasons. The Rockstar Summer sale also helped a lot. Grand Theft Auto V is probably the first game most people also purchase when they buy a new PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
We are amazed by how well it’s still selling, Grand Theft Auto V turned 5 years old this month. We wonder if sales will slow down massively from October when Rockstars latest game releases, Red Dead Redemption 2.
The Grand Theft Auto: Criminal Enterprise Starter pack was also the 4th best selling DLC in August
Below, you can check out the best selling games in August from PlayStation.
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Gang Beasts
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- God of War
- No Man’s Sky
- EA SPORTS UFC 3
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
- Rocket League
- Battlefield 1
- Need for Speed Payback
- Gran Turismo Sport
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
- F1 2018
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
- The Sims 4
- Fortnite Battle Royale – The Ace Pack
- Fortnite Battle Royale – Wingman Starter Pack
- Fortnite – Standard Founder’s Pack
- GTA Online: Criminal Enterprise Starter Pack
- Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
- Destiny 2 – Expansion Pass
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Extra Pack 3
- Call of Duty: WWII – Shadow War: DLC Pack 4
- Call of Duty Black Ops III: Zombies Chronicles
- Dead by Daylight: The Halloween Chapter
- Fortnite – Deluxe Founder’s Pack
- GTA Online Event- New Missile Base Series
- Red Dead Online – New missions from Sadie and Jake Adler and Black Belle.
- GTA Online Event – Import/Export Week
- Red Dead Online Leaves Beta and Adds a Huge Spring Update
- Take-Two Q4 2019 Earnings Report – Red Dead Redemption 2 has sold over 24 Million copies worldwide