GTAV one of the best selling games of 2018, RDR2 takes top spot
If we had been told over 5 years ago that Grand Theft Auto V was still going to dominate the charts in 2018, we probably would have doubted it. Now its been revealed by NPD that Rockstar Games and Take-Two had an amazing year in 2018 with Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 both dominating the US charts for best selling games of 2018.
It’s no surprise that Red Dead Redemption 2 came out on top, with how well it did at launch and how popular it still is now. 2K19, a game developed by visual concepts, which is owned by Take-Two also made it into the list. Check out the top 11 below. Take-Two isn’t short of cash, that’s for sure.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Call of Duty Black Ops 4
- NBA 2K19
- Madden NFL 19
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- Far Cry 5
- God of War
- Monster Hunter World
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Grand Theft Auto V
It would be no surprise to see a similar post in a years time about Grand Theft Auto V dominating the 2019 charts with how popular it still is and how well Rockstar are still supporting the game.
- Red Dead Redemption 2’s Soundtrack Releases This Spring
- GTA Online: The Deveste Eight is now available
- Red Dead Online – Update arrives next week with new clothing, guns, emotes and more
- GTA Online: The Declasse Vamos is now available
- Rockstar Games Vice President of Development has quit after 20 years